The Ultimate Yacht for Short-handed, Long Distance Ocean Cruising
THE SHANNON 47/52
“The Shannon 47's design, construction and philosophy are uniquely aligned; the boat is forward-thinking in concept, yet rooted in the unwavering tradition of sailing far and wide."
-BLUE WATER SAILING
"SAIL HANDLING ON THE SHANNON 47/52" video
• The Shannon 47/52 is the ultimate luxurious, short-handed, long distance ocean cruiser. The 47/52 is manageable underway by one person, but can provide accommodations for as many as nine.
• The Shannon 47/52 is a medium displacement boat built to the strongest construction standards in the industry that provides the necessary water and fuel capacities, and creates an environment where people can sail safely, comfortably, and quickly no matter how long or short the passage.
• The cockpit is the best among mid-size cruisers, with ample room including 6' 7" long seats, giving both a place to lie down and good access to a deep sail locker on the port side of the cockpit.
• The Shannon 47/52 offers a 47' 6” reverse transom or extended 51' 9" counter transom.
• The Shannon 47/52 is available in either a fixed keel or keel centerboard hull.
• The Shannon 47/52 offers a choice of rig: cutter, ketch, or custom Shannon “Scutter” or “Sketch”.
• The Shannon 47/52 offers excellent ocean sailing capability, good speed in light air and exceptional seaworthiness.
• The 47/52 has a length/displacement ratio of 227, and a sail area/displacement ratio of 17.5.
• The Shannon 47/52 hull design has been proven on many ocean voyages and the people sailing them have the enormous advantage of being on a boat that will not tire them out during the passage.