Excellent Ocean Sailing Capabilities in all Sea Conditions, Comfortable Design Offshore
THE SHANNON 43/46
"(My) boat is a Shannon 43. It's one of the 12 best-built boats in the entire world….If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn't worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge, because it's life or death. There's no quarter."
- Morgan Freeman, actor
• The Shannon 43/46 is the ultimate short-handed long distance ocean cruiser. The 43/46 is manageable underway by one person, but can provide accommodations for as many as eight.
• The Shannon 43/46 is a medium displacement boat built to the strongest construction standards in the industry that provides the necessary water and fuel capacities, and creates an environment where people can sail safely, comfortably, and quickly no matter how long or short the passage.
• Over the last 20 years, over fifty Shannon 43/46s have been built and are sailing the world.
• The Shannon 43/46 offers an optional transom and cockpit extension which creates the 46’.
• The Shannon 43/46 is available in either a fixed keel or keel centerboard hull.
• The Shannon 43/46 offers a choice of rig: cutter, ketch, or custom Shannon “Scutter” or “Sketch”.
• The Shannon 43/46 offers excellent ocean sailing capability, good speed in light air and exceptional seaworthiness.
• The Shannon 43/46 has a length/displacement ratio of 250, and a sail area/displacement ratio
• The Shannon 43/46's hull design has been proven over the last 12 years on many ocean voyages, including an 18 day 3,000 nautical mile transatlantic crossing from Newport, RI to Ireland, and an impressive 2nd overall and 1st in class finish in the Marion, MA to Bermuda Cruising Yacht Race. Shannons set records because they are fast, boat for boat, and because the people sailing them have the big advantage of being on a boat that will not tire them out during the passage.